Thursday, May 6, 2010

A full day of chasing ghosts.

6a.m.
Wake up start the coffee.
Make something to eat.
Pack the cooler.
Out the door by 7 or 7:30(hopefully)

The rest of the day consists of looking into the H2O trying to spot bonefish before they spot me. Have been getting some spots dialed in recently. Still learning with each fish.I am very pleased with what my life is based around right now. Fishing is the centerpiece of everything.
I am a little tired right now so I will keep this short.
Yesterday I encountered my first tailing fish. Fish that have their faces buried in the soft bottom of a flat rooting around for some little critter that is trying to avoid fullfillng their place in the food chain. When I see tails I get pretty excited. Just to be able to watch a fish in such shallow H2O root around is something that I think everyone should see. Also I am learning that if you can find tailers and get a cast at them you can pretty much drop it in on top of them. Of course a delicate presentation is still needed.Also something I am working on.
I am working on my technique everyday. I like the challenge of chasing bones. I have to say that catching a few has bolstered my spirits. I keep finding myself smiling at the fact that after all of the time on the ice thinking of flats fishing I am finally doing it.
O.K. time for bed. Maybe one more beer too.
Tightlines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment