Thursday, April 1, 2010

If its snowing I'm going???


That is an often heard saying in ski towns across the Rockies. Actually more of a lifestyle statement or a personal credo. At one point in my life not too long ago I adhered to this mantra. Right now as I sit here with a glass of scotch the only "going" I am concerned with is the upcoming trip to the Bahamas.

Well here we are again. Back in the Rockies in late March. I have been on a flat casting to tailing fish for the past few months. Soaking up the sun. Drinking rum. Enjoying not being at work and not cold. Sounds like a good time. All of this is a lie. I have been in Antarctica since August. I have only been on a flat in my mind. Pretty much used the images of blue water and the sound of line ripping through the water the same way a POW uses thoughts of apple pie and women to get through. I am back in the land of wind and snow. Actually kind of pretty but I am not into it. The Bahamas and bonefish are waiting for me. Just a couple of weeks until I am on a plane and then knee deep in warm salt H2O!!!
Last year at this time I was on a ski trip. Drove from Colorado to Montana stopping along the way to make some turns. Saw friends,found some good snow, and enjoyed the journey.Not this year. Ready to warm it up a bit. So alas. Here I am surfing the worldwideweb looking at pictures and reading about what is to come. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment