Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just a little setback.

I can hear my name being called over the intercom system in Tampa airport right now.


"Final call for Mr. Asher, Mr.Asher please report to check in immediately."


Sorry Tampa. I am still in Denver. Not going to make the flight.


I just wanted to catch you up on what has been happening with Operation Fla. Keys. We have been a little delayed in getting the show on the road. I took my truck in for a check up and an alignment a few days before I was scheduled to leave. I new the truck was old and could use some love but I was not prepared for the news I got from TWO separate garages.I will spare you the details but it was pretty much thousands of dollars needed to get the old truck up to speed again. I decided to invest my time and money into a new truck. The last week and a half have been full days of driving all over Denver looking/driving/and researching used trucks.


Just when I thought I had found the truck for me I came across a late night listing on C-list. I called first thing in the morning and put down a deposit that afternoon. I am the proud new owner of a Toyota Tundra. Very pleased so far and am looking forward to pulling a flats boat with it later this month.


I am picking it up today and with a little luck can pack tonight and be on the road in the a.m..

No comments:

Post a Comment