Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I hope that all of you are enjoying 2011 so far. I am sure that all are busy at the bench cranking out new patterns and stockpiling old proven patterns for the coming months. The time that we all yearn for is creeping towards us.
As I right this I am at the South Pole. Pretty much as far from any sort of fishable H2O as one could be. I have a little over a month left in Antarctica until I leave. I will not be fishing until April? and that will be in the Keys. Oh the Keys!!! I cant wait.
I am currently in the process of deciding if I should buy a boat and head to the Keys for a couple of months this year. I am at a spot in my life where chasing this dream is an actual possiblity. I still have heaps of logistics to work out prior to driving south. I will admit that this endeavor seems a bit daunting and at some moments a bit too big. With no struggle there is no progress. I think that is a Frederick Douglas quote.
So for now I ponder and try to keep my hands warm. If any of you have any input about the idea of taking a chance with a flats boat I would love to hear it.
Tightlines (hopefully soon) and Happy New Year.
Adios.

2 comments:

  1. Dude,

    Happy (belated) New Year to you as well. But I gotta ask, Antartica? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davin,
    I work down here for 6 months a year. I enjoy the work as an antenna rigger even though the temps are extremly cold. I also enjoy having 6 months off each year to fish.

    ReplyDelete